What Is FSSI?
FSSI stands for Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative and is managed by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). GSA awards Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) and Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts to premier vendors like Document Imaging Dimensions to create FSSI supply solutions. FSSI leverages the purchasing power of the federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and improving the overall quality of service. These contracts offer significant discounts to the low prices already available on GSA Schedules. Additional benefits listed by GSA include:
- Capturing economies of scale
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne Program, sustainable purchasing requirements and the Trade Agreement Act
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost-savings
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals
- Providing ease of ordering
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the FSSI price
Document Imaging Dimensions currently holds two FSSI BPA contracts for Hardware/MRO and JanSan, and one FSSI IDIQ contract for Office Supplies (OS3). We are especially proud to be 1 of only 13 vendors awarded the FULL CATALOG under the Office Supplies FSSI OS3 Solution, which includes everything from paper and toner to everyday office productsâ€”just another reason DID is your convenient one-stop-shop supplier.
How Do I Use FSSI?
Some agencies may designate which contractors or pools to use. Such information would come out through your agency heads. Either way, all you need is your GSA SmartPay card and you can order directly from our online store here. While some agencies are choosing, or even mandating, use of the GSA Advantage or DoD EMALL websites, you can still order from Document Imaging Dimensions via these portals simply by choosing us as the Contractor when ordering. We make the ordering process simple, no matter which purchasing channel you choose. Our full catalog of office and business supplies, hardware products, cleaning and hospitality supplies, and shipping and packaging products is loaded on these websites as well.